Joel Waelty has advocated for employee rights since 2003. He began his practice with the firm Hinkle, Jachimowicz, Pointer & Mayron. He is associated as Of Counsel with the Jachimowicz Law Group and Velton Zegelman.
Mr. Waelty represents individuals in disputes with their insurers and employers. He handles a wide variety of workplace disputes, including sexual harassment, racial and nationality discrimination, retaliation, unpaid overtime and wrongful termination.
Mr. Waelty's insurance practice is devoted to the representation of policyholders and the pursuit of benefits wrongfully denied by their insurers. His insurance recovery practice focuses on benefits due under life, health, disability and homeowner policies, including benefits due under employer-sponsored benefit plans (ERISA).
Get in touch
Joel Waelty knows that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.
Joel Waelty has been dedicated to employee rights in Silicon Valley since 2003. He represents employees in all sectors of the workforce from the agricultural industry, manufacturing to high technology. He prides himself in providing custom litigation plans for each client based on their particular employment situation. Whether learning the latest technology regarding integrated circuitry or understanding seniority systems at union shops, he seeks to master each work setting and tailoring the litigation to that particular case. He has navigated cases through all aspects of litigation including trial and appeal. He brings that experience to bear for each client, seeking to maximize the outcome of each case.
UC Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
- Confidential v. Valley Transportation Authority, $1,490,000 (Auto v. Light Rail Vehicle) 2014
- Confidential: $700,000 (Gender Discrimination/Retaliation) 2015
- Confidential: $614,800 (Long Term Disability) 2014
- Confidential: $370,000 (Disability Discrimination; Failure to Accommodate) 2014
- Confidential: $330,000 (Whistle blower/Sarbanes Oxley) 2017
- Confidential: $280,000 (Sexual Harassment) 2017
- Confidential: $245,000 (Slip & Fall) 2017
- Confidential: $172,000 (Long Term Disability, ERISA) 2014
- Confidential: $162,500 (Pregnancy Discrimination) 2015
Activities & Affiliations
- California Bar Association, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Of Counsel, Jachimowicz Law Group
•Federal Trial Courts: Northern and Eastern Districts of California
•U.S. District Court of Appeals - 9th Circuit
- Barbarino v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., 83 F.Supp.3d 913 (N.D.Cal. 2015)
- Robles v. Gillig LLC, 771 F. Supp. 2d 1181 (N.D. Cal. 2011)
- Cline v. Homuth (2015), 235 Cal.App.4th 699 (185 Cal.Rptr.3d 470)